The market for acid reducers is anticipated to be valued at US$ 23.1 billion in 2023 and to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% to US$ 40.3 billion by the end of 2033. The acid reducer market refers to the segment of the pharmaceutical industry that produces and sells drugs used to reduce the production of stomach acid in the human body. These drugs are used to treat conditions such as acid reflux, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and peptic ulcers.
Some of the most common types of acid reducers include proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), histamine-2 receptor blockers (H2 blockers), and antacids. PPIs are the most commonly prescribed acid reducers and work by blocking the production of acid in the stomach. H2 blockers work by blocking histamine, a substance that stimulates acid production in the stomach. Antacids work by neutralizing the acid already present in the stomach.
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=8083
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The global acid reducer market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% and be valued at US$ 40.3 billion by 2033.
- The market expanded at 3.5% CAGR for the period (2018-2022).
- Under type, proton pump inhibitors are estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.6%.
- Europe will dominate the worldwide market with 31.6% share in 2023.
- Consumption of acid reducers is expected to increase at CAGRs of 6.2% and 4.8% in South Asia & ASEAN and Europe, respectively.
Market participants are investing a fortune in research to uncover untapped opportunities and assess the market’s lucrative potential. Because of improved healthcare financing and policies by government organisations in many countries, including North America, the global market for acid reducers is expected to expand quickly. The less stringent regulations for over-the-counter medicines are another draw for manufacturers to the global market.
Aside from this, it seems a little harder for new entrants to establish themselves quickly due to the strong foothold of leading corporations in the local and global market.
Key companies in Acid Reducer Market
- Johnson & Johnson
- Reddy’s Laboratories
- Glenmark Generics
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RC&rep_id=8083
Regional Analysis Acid Reducer Market
The acid reducer market is analyzed on a global scale, with regional analysis focusing on major geographical regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa.
North America is the largest market for acid reducers, owing to the high prevalence of GERD and other gastrointestinal disorders in the region. According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, approximately 20% of Americans experience symptoms of GERD each week, and PPIs are one of the most commonly prescribed medications in the United States.
Europe is also a significant market for acid reducers, with a high prevalence of GERD and a large aging population. According to the European Society for Swallowing Disorders, approximately 10-20% of the European population suffers from GERD.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, due to factors such as the increasing prevalence of GERD and the rising healthcare infrastructure in the region. China and India are the largest markets in the Asia Pacific region for acid reducers.
Latin America and the Middle East and Africa are also expected to witness significant growth in the acid reducer market, due to the increasing prevalence of GERD and the growing demand for effective treatment options in these regions
Key Questions Covered in the Acid Reducer Market
- What is the current size and potential growth of the acid reducer market?
- What are the key drivers, restraints, and trends in the acid reducer market?
- What are the different types of acid reducers available in the market and how do they compare in terms of efficacy and safety?
- What are the key application areas for acid reducers and what is their market share in each of these segments?
- What are the major geographical regions in the acid reducer market and which of them are expected to witness the highest growth?
- Who are the major players in the acid reducer market and what are their market shares?
- What are the recent developments in the acid reducer market, such as mergers and acquisitions, new product launches, and partnerships?
- What are the regulatory frameworks and guidelines for the acid reducer market and how do they impact the market growth?
- What are the pricing trends in the acid reducer market and how are they expected to evolve in the future?
- What are the future growth opportunities and challenges for the acid reducer market?
For in-depth competitive analysis, Buy Now – https://www.factmr.com/checkout/8083
The acid reducer market refers to the segment of the pharmaceutical industry that produces and sells drugs used to reduce the production of stomach acid in the human body. The market is driven by the increasing prevalence of GERD and other gastrointestinal disorders worldwide. The major types of acid reducers available in the market include proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), histamine-2 receptor blockers (H2 blockers), and antacids. North America is the largest market for acid reducers, followed by Europe, while the Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The market is highly competitive, with major players such as AstraZeneca, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Pfizer Inc., and GlaxoSmithKline plc constantly developing new and improved acid reducers. The global acid reducer market is expected to continue growing in the coming years, driven by factors such as the increasing prevalence of GERD and the development of new and improved acid reducer drugs
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583