Dialysis Medical Membranes , blood oxygenator membranes, and other speciality membranes are only a few examples of the enormous range of goods available in the medical membranes market. Numerous medical procedures, including hemodialysis, blood filtration, and oxygenation, require these goods. The prevalence of chronic kidney disease, the ageing population, and the rising demand for cutting-edge medical technologies are some of the factors driving the market. The market is further divided into several kinds of medical membranes, including synthetic, cellulose-based, and other varieties. Due to its biocompatibility and affordability, the cellulose-based sector commands the biggest market share.
In the upcoming years, the need for home healthcare, the rising adoption of cutting-edge medical technology, and the growing emphasis on patient-centered healthcare are all likely to fuel market growth for medical membranes.
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=6661
Key Market Segments Covered in Medical Membranes Industry Research
- By Material
- Polysulfone PSU & Polyethersulfone PESU
- Hydrophilic polyvinylidene fluoride PVDF
- Polytetrafluoroethylene PTFE
- Polypropylene PP
- Modified Acrylics
- By Process Technology
- Reverse Osmosis
- Gas Filtration
- By Application
- Medical Membranes Used in Pharmaceutical Filtration
- Medical Membranes Used in Haemodialysis
- Medical Membranes Used in Drug Delivery
- Medical Membranes Used in IV Infusion & Sterile Filtration
- Medical Membranes Used in Bio-artificial Processes
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Valuation of medical membranes topped US$ 2 Bn in 2020 and is expected to cross US$ 3 Bn by 2031.
- Increasing use of medical membranes is attributable to growing need for high-purity selective separation in pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, and growing incidence of renal ailments worldwide.
- Europe accounts for 35% of the market share for medical membranes.
- Application of medical membranes in pharmaceutical filtration is projected to propel market growth.
- Demand for medical membranes in the U.S. is currently valued at US$ 735 Mn.
- Demand for medical membranes possessing nanofiltration technology is expected to top US$ 730 Mn by 2031.
- A $40 million investment was undertaken in 2017 by the 3M Company (US) to increase the size of its dialysis membrane manufacturing plant. By expanding, the business will get more clients and solidify its position in the industry.
- The manufacturer of hydrogel membranes, Natrix Separation (Canada), was purchased by Merck Millipore (US) in August 2017. With the addition of these products, Merck Millipore’s (US) client base will grow, and the company’s position in North America will be strengthened.
- Asahi Kasei Medical stated in December 2017 that it would be building a new facility to spin cellulose hollow fiber membranes for its Planova virus elimination filters.
More Valuable Insights on Medical Membranes Market
Fact.MR, in its new report, offers an unbiased Market Analysis of Medical Membranes, Sales and Demand of Medical Membranes, analyzing forecast statistics through 2019 and beyond. The study reveals growth projections on the basis of various criteria.