Recent developments in the field of artificial eyes are expected to trigger an evolution, with continuous redesigns and redevelopments for achieving excellent satisfaction levels and outcomes for patients. Advancements in the artificial eyes have primarily been ocularist-led, and include creating methods of taking impression of eye sockets, changing size of pupils in distinct lighting conditions, and digital imaging. Majority of the developments being made in artificial eyes are based on electro-active polymer technology.
Recent collaboration between academia and industry has seen emergence of RP&M technologies in the artificial eye development. However, various limitations have been observed in the technology’s implementation, despite being in its initial phase. However, continual investment in RP&M technologies for artificial eye development alludes advancements through further R&D, albeit the limitations can be addressed only through integration of man-made procedures.
Download a Sample Copy of This Report: –https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=873?PJ
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Artificial Eyes Market Segments
- Artificial Eyes Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 – 2017
- Artificial Eyes Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2026
- Artificial Eyes Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Artificial Eyes Market Drivers and Restraints
The global market for artificial eyes is segmented on basis of types of artificial eyes, shell types, end user and geography:
- Segmentation by Type
- Moulded Prosthesis
- Cosmetic Shell
- Segmentation by Shell Type
- Single Shell
- Double shell
- Segmentation by End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Ophthalmology Surgery Center
Based on types, the global artificial eyes market is segmented into moulded prosthesis and cosmetic shell. The moulded prosthesis is an artificial eye which is specifically made based on the impression taken from the socket of an individual. A moulded eye provides the closest possible match to a real eye. Whereas, cosmetic shell artificial eyes completely covers the existing eye.
On the basis of geography, the global artificial eyes market is segmented into six key regions viz. North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific excluding China, China and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to lead the artificial eyes market due to product innovations, the presence of leading players, favorable reimbursement policies and high adoption of artificial eye surgeries. Manufacturers are targeting developed markets due to rising incidence of eye diseases in this developing countries.
Europe is the second leading market for artificial eyes market due to development activities, increased healthcare spending per person, and government support. The Asia Pacific market is also expected to grow at the highest growth rate due to a large patient pool, and product awareness due to medical conferences. These factors are likely to drive the market growth of artificial eyes market during the forecast period globally. However, Latin America and Middle East Africa are expected to mark sluggish growth over the forecast period.
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Rest of LATAM)
- EU – (Germany, France, Italy, Spain), UK, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden), Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep. etc.), Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, S. Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)