It is anticipated that the global market for welding equipment will grow at a CAGR of 6.7% and reach a value of US$ 25 billion by 2032, up from US$ 13 billion in 2022.
High temperatures are used during the welding process to join thermoplastics and metals. In industrial, automotive, and aerospace applications, resistance welding is widely employed to join metals.
Download a Sample Copy of This Report:
During the forecast period, increasing urbanization and expanding manufacturing sectors in developing markets are expected to drive the demand for welding equipment. Moreover, the rising demand from end-use industries such as automotive, construction, aerospace, and oil and gas is projected to boost the sales of welding equipment.
The booming construction industry worldwide is projected to raise the demand for welding machinery. Growing infrastructure initiatives in developing countries such as India and China are estimated to propel market expansion over the projection period. Furthermore, welding equipment is essential in the automotive industry since it provides high strength in the components, resulting in optimal safety. The expanding automotive sector is expected to bolster the growth of the welding machinery market.
Manufacturers are emphasizing the development of technologically improved products in order to increase quality, safety, and productivity across industries. They are also working on building technology to better train operators and reduce training expenses for businesses. This is projected to further support the growth of the welding machinery market during the forecast period.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The global welding machinery market is valued at US$ 13 billion in 2022.
- Global sales of welding machinery are estimated to reach US$ 25 billion by 2032.
- The global market is anticipated to evolve at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific accounted for a 35.4% share of the global market in 2021.
- The welding machinery market in the United States garnered US$ 2.9 billion in 2021.
- YesWelder is a start-up firm based in Boulder, Colorado, which develops welding equipment and accessories for welding professionals. According to the company, its new MP200 welding equipment is a five-in-one machine capable of four distinct types of welding capabilities (MIG, MMA, FCAW, and TIG) and plasma cutting. The company produced the MP200 to decrease the need for and cost of many devices that can only execute one task.
- In February 2021, Lincoln Electric unveiled the new Vantage 441X, the latest addition to its Vantage range of diesel engine-driven welders/generators.
- Lincoln Electric launched a VRTEX OxyFuel Cutting feature in December 2020 that blends welding and cutting by allowing users to practice torch cutting safely and virtually in partnership with The Harris Products Group, a Lincoln Electric firm and the cutting leader.
- In November 2020, ESAB and YASKAWA, renowned robot and robot system businesses, signed a global partnership deal to develop and commercialize the XCellerator series of pre-engineered robotic welding systems.
Key Suppliers of Welding Machinery
- Fronius International GmbH
- ACRO Automation Systems, Inc
- Sonics & Materials, Inc
- Hobart Brothers LLC
- Carl Cloos Schweisstechnik GmbH
- Miller Electric Mfg. LLC
- Coherent, Inc
- Panasonic Corporation
- Daihen Corporation
- Denyo Co., Ltd
- KUKA AG
- IGM Robotersysteme AG
Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global welding machinery market from 2022 to 2032. Countries such as India, China, Japan, and South Korea are projected to support high market growth in Asia Pacific. The fast expansion of the automotive industry and increased vehicle manufacturing are expected to drive the demand for welding machinery in the region.
Key Segments of Welding Machinery Industry Research
- By Product Type:
- Arc Welding
- Oxy-Fuel Welding
- Resistance Welding
- Laser Beam Welding
- Other Product Types
- By Type:
- By End Use:
- Building & Construction
- Oil & Gas
- Other End Uses
- By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
More Valuable Insights on Offer
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global welding machinery market, presenting historical demand data (2017-2021) and forecast statistics for the period of 2022-2032.
The study divulges essential insights on the market on the basis of product type (arc welding, oxy-fuel welding, resistance welding, laser beam welding, other product types), type (automatic, semi-automatic, manual), and end use (automotive, building & construction, aerospace, energy, oil & gas, marine, other end uses) across five major regions (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and MEA).