Over the next 10 years, the demand for zein protein is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.3%. Currently valued at US$ 2.17 billion, the worldwide zein protein market is anticipated to grow to US$ 3.76 billion by the end of 2032. The zein protein market is growing rapidly due to the increasing demand for plant-based proteins in various industries, including food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and textiles. Zein is a type of protein that is derived from corn and is considered a high-quality protein source that is vegan, gluten-free, and non-allergenic.
The food industry is the largest consumer of zein protein, where it is used as a functional ingredient in various products such as snacks, bakery products, and meat substitutes. Zein protein is also gaining popularity in the cosmetic industry, where it is used as a natural film-forming agent and a substitute for synthetic polymers in personal care products
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=654
The market for zein protein is expected to continue to grow due to the increasing demand for sustainable and plant-based protein sources. Factors such as the rising demand for vegan and vegetarian products, the growing awareness of health benefits associated with plant-based diets, and the increasing concerns over animal welfare are expected to drive the growth of the zein protein market in the coming years.
- North America and Europe together comprises of over 50% of the share of global zein protein market.
- Europe dominates Zein protein market by occupying around 27.6% of global market followed by North America comprising of 24.7% of the share.
- The U.S. Zein protein Market is expected to grow at 5.3% CAGR between 2022 and 2032.
- Based on end use, food industry accounts for the maximum share of the global zein protein market.
Key zein protein providers across the globe are focusing on research and development activities that will lead to market innovations. These activities will lead to market innovations and new product launches. For instance:
- In 2021, Scientists at the Nanyang Technological University & Harvard launched a recyclable waterproofing packing made of zein. This packaging has the same appearance as clear plastic. This food packaging releases antimicrobials slowly to kill bacteria such as E. coli and Listeria
- Thew Arnott, manufacturer of customized flavorings, launched Flo Zein, natural maize protein coatings for dried fruits and nuts into European market.
Prominent players in the market are expanding their presence through online distribution channel. For instance:
- Flo Chemical, leading natural coatings material provider, has witnessed considerable sales via online distribution channels.
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RC&rep_id=654
Key Companies Profiled by Fact.MR
- Zein Products
- Glanbia plc
- CHS Inc.
- Cargill Inc.
- Du Pont
- AGT Food & Ingredients
- Burcon Nutrascience Corporation
- Archer-Daniels Midland Company
- Penta International
- Roquette Freres
- Cosucra Groupe Warcoing
- Ingredion Inc.
North America is currently the largest market for zein protein, driven by the increasing demand for plant-based products and the presence of major manufacturers in the region. The United States, in particular, is a key player in the market, accounting for a significant share of the global zein protein market.
Europe is another significant market for zein protein, with increasing consumer demand for vegan and vegetarian products, as well as strict regulations promoting the use of sustainable and plant-based proteins.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness significant growth in the zein protein market, driven by the increasing demand for plant-based protein sources, rising consumer awareness about health and wellness, and the growing popularity of vegan and vegetarian diets in countries such as China and India.
Latin America and the Middle East and Africa are also emerging markets for zein protein, with increasing consumer demand for plant-based products and growing awareness about the health benefits associated with plant-based diets