The global gas spring market has reached a value of US$ 3.88 billion in 2023 and is projected to climb to US$ 7.04 billion by 2033. Global demand for gas springs is forecasted to increase at a CAGR of 6.1% between 2023 and 2033.
A gas spring is a hydro-pneumatic device that holds potential energy by compressing gas confined within a closed cylinder sealed by a moveable piston. A gas spring is not dependent on elastic deformation. It is an enclosed structure that does not require the input of any additional gas to work once filled with inert nitrogen gas. Because of the narrow cross-section of the rod, the pressure on all sides of the piston remains constant regardless of where the gas spring is positioned.
Download a Sample Copy of This Report:https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=1318?PJ
Market Growth and Drivers:
- The gas spring market has experienced steady growth due to its wide application across industries such as automotive, aerospace, furniture, industrial machinery, healthcare, and more.
- Increasing demand for ergonomic solutions in furniture and seating systems has driven the adoption of gas springs for adjustable chairs, office furniture, and automotive seats.
- The automotive sector utilizes gas springs for applications like trunk lids, hoods, and tailgates, enhancing ease of use and safety.
Types of Gas Springs:
- Gas springs come in various types, including compression gas springs, tension gas springs, and lockable gas springs.
- Compression gas springs are the most common type and are used for lifting applications. They provide support and controlled motion when compressing and extending.
- Tension gas springs are used in applications where pulling or extending force is needed.
- Lockable gas springs can be locked in a specific position to hold an object in place without the need for continuous pressure.
Market Trends and Developments:
- Advancements in manufacturing techniques and materials have led to the development of more efficient, durable, and compact gas spring designs.
- Automation and industrial robotics have increased the demand for gas springs in various assembly line and material handling applications.
- Green and sustainable initiatives have led to the development of eco-friendly and energy-efficient gas spring solutions.
- Integration of smart technologies, such as sensors and monitoring systems, into gas springs is enabling real-time tracking of performance and maintenance needs.
“Rapid Developments in Automotive Sector Directly Influencing Sales of Gas Springs”
Germany is one of the leading markets for gas springs in the European region and is expected to reach a value of US$ 345.26 million by 2033.
- According to Statista research, around 460,600 people were employed in the production of motor cars in Germany in 2022.
- According to a European Commission report, the automobile sector employs 13.8 million Europeans directly and indirectly, accounting for 6.1% of total European employment. Direct production of motor vehicles employs 2.6 million people, accounting for 8.5% of manufacturing employment in Europe.
Sales of gas springs are expected to increase at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2023 to 2033. To improve car safety and comfort, the industry is expected to grow by embracing all technological advancements, with an emphasis on sustainable mobility, vehicle connection, and e-mobility. Thus, advancements in automotive manufacturing are likely to benefit gas spring sales during the forecast period.